This page contains important information and resources about COVID-19. We are monitoring the issue and working closely with public health officials, community partners, and government agencies on coordinated efforts to protect individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Baltimore City and mitigate the impact on COVID-19 on this population. We will continue to update this page as more information becomes available. Please Check back often and visit Baltimore City Health Department's website for the latest developments on COVID‑19.
Baltimore City’s Emergency Response Plan for Individual Experiencing Homelessness
- A summary of the City’s response to COVID-19 is available here. For more updates, visit the Mayor’s Office of Homeless Services’
The Journey Home Updates and Newsletters
- Recommendations for response planning by homeless service providers (MOHS)
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease for People Experiencing Homelessness(HUD)
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease within Shelters(HUD)
- Resources for Homeless Shelters(CDC)
- Interim Guidance for Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) among People Experiencing Unsheltered Homelessness (CDC)
- COVID-19 Food Handling Guidance for Restaurants, Non-profits, and Food Pantries (BCHD)
- COVID-19 Guidance for Mass Gatherings (BCHD)
- MDH Frequently Asked Questions: COVID-19 Testing (3/20/2020)
- Map of COVID-19 Global Cases (Johns Hopkins University, ESRI, Garmin, FAO, and NOAA)
- Baltimore City Health Department Communications Resources
- Materials for Baltimore City Homeless Service Providers
- CDC Communication Resources
- CDC Print Resources
- CDC Buttons and Badges
For a full list of resources and communications materials, click here.
How to Support People Experiencing Homelessness
For Many in our community, staying home and self-quarantine are not realistic measures.
That's why we have launched a campaign to support individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Baltimore City during #COVID-19. Text “JourneyHome” to 50155 to make a donation. You can also donate online.