Baltimore City Youth Action Board
Established in 2017, the Youth Action Board (YAB) is comprised of young Baltimoreans (ages 16-24) with lived experience of homelessness and young allies.
The board brings a wealth of diversity and knowledge around issues impacting youth and young adults experiencing homelessness in Baltimore City and is responsible for advising the Continuum of Care and the Mayor’s Office of Homeless Services on issues related to youth homelessness —with the goal of improving the quality and effectiveness of the city's response system. In this capacity, the YAB also assists with making informed funding decisions for programs serving youth and participates in the design the homeless youth count.
The Youth Action Board Chair is elected by YAB members and serves on the Executive Committee of the Continuum of Care Board. All YAB members are eligible to serve on the Continuum of Care's Board, its Action Committees, and its workgroups.
See below for an exciting opportunity to join the YAB.
The Baltimore City Youth Action Board (YAB) is currently accepting applications for new members. If you or someone you know has has the passion and ideas needed to help address youth homelessness, please consider applying. YAB Members become a part of a community of young changemakers and are compensated for their time and expertise.
- You are between the ages of 16 and 24.
- You have experienced housing instability (struggling to pay rent, couch surfing, feeling unsafe at home, etc.), homelessness, or have been in foster care.
- You have Have a connection to Baltimore City.
- You are interested in using your experience and expertise to guide efforts to end youth homelessness in Baltimore City, including efforts such as the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
- Young Allies and youth from diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences (traditionally underserved population such as LGBTQ+, communities of color, pregnant and/or parenting) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program
YAB members are at the forefront of the planning and implementation of the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program, an initiative that aims to prevent and end Homelessness in Baltimore City.